How to Reset Vizio TV Without Remote
HDTVs have become a lot more affordable over time, and they have also added a lot of new features, which can lead to problems later on, but this is not always the case.
HDTVs have become a lot more affordable over time, and they have also added a lot of new features, which can lead to problems later on, but this is not always the case. Vizio TVs are a popular choice for people who want HDTV for a low price. Many people like them. But they have their own set of problems, too. An easy way to fix many problems quickly is to do a "factory or hard reset." This can help with things like a frozen or unresponsive screen and other problems.
Using the Vizio TV's own remote, you can turn it off and on again. There is no need to worry, though, if you really have lost your remote or it doesn't work. To help you with this guide, we'll show you a few ways to reset your Vizio TV without a remote. When you reset your Vizio TV to the manufacturer's default settings, all of your saved data, preferences, and configurations are lost, and you must re-configure the device from scratch.
Ready to start? Let's get to it now.
How To Reset Vizio TV Without Remote
As with any other Smart TV on the market, the Vizio TV can have problems when it comes to fixing them. When electronic devices don't work right, the first thing to try to fix them is to reset them. Here are some reasons why you might want to reset your Vizio TV:
- This means that the TV is not responding to the things you say to it.
- The TV freezes or slows down.
- Suddenly, the apps won't work.
- No matter how many times you press the power button, your TV doesn't turn on.
- The TV shows a black screen all the time.
- It's hard to watch or listen to videos or music on the TV.
- If you bought or are giving away the TV, you must reset it to get rid of any stored data or information.
- This means that the device isn't connected to the web or WiFi.
- You don't know the TV's password and can't get to the home screen because you don't know it.
Resetting the TV removes all the data that has been stored on it, putting it back to how it was when it was new. After you reset your phone, you will have to do all the settings and enter all of the information over again.
If you don't have a remote for your Vizio TV, you can still set it back up. Instructions on how to reset your Vizio TV without a remote are provided below whether you have lost your remote.
There are two ways to reset your Vizio TV: soft and hard.
Read: How to Connect External Speakers to TV without Audio Output?
The soft reset, also known as power cycling, removes the device's temporary memory and doesn't change the settings or apps that are already there.
A soft reset is the best way to fix many unknown problems. This reset is easy to do and can be done in a minute or two. All you need to do is:
- Turn off the TV and press the power button.
- The power button will be on the back of the computer.
- Hold the button down for 30 seconds to a minute, but don't let go of it.
Your Vizio TV will lose all of its data if you do a hard reset or factory reset. This means that all the data on the TV will be erased permanently. All of the settings and apps must be set up again after a hard reset.
After a soft reset doesn't work, try this method only if the software problems don't get better. A factory reset is the last thing you can do. However, if you have malware, connection problems, video or audio distortion, or slow response times, you should keep going.
If you lose your remote, the hard reset will be done by pressing the buttons on the TV set itself. Most Vizio TVs come with 4 to 5 buttons on the top, side, or back. Make sure you find these buttons and follow the rules below:
- Turn the TV on. Press and hold the "Input" and "Volume Down" buttons at the same time.
- Pause when a dialogue box is shown on the screen.
- To reset to the defaults, hold down the "Input" button for 10 seconds when the screen says that.
- "Memory is being cleaned up now," the screen will say. Allow the reset process to finish, then restart your device.
If you want to hard reset your Vizio TV, you can follow these four steps.
Read: How to Turn on Sony Soundbar without Remote
How To Reset Vizio TV Without Remote: Other Suggestions
Use the SmartCast App
This is the SmartCast app for the Vizio TV. This version is great for having a home theater experience because it has a lot of streaming options as well as more advanced and smart options.
If you have the Vizio SmartCast iOS or Android app, you can use it with the Vizio SmartCast app. You can use this app to reset your Vizio TV by following the steps below:
- There is an app called SmartCast that you can download and set up on your phone.
- It works with your Vizio SmartCast TV over WiFi.
- Then, open the app and look for the setting. Go into the system, reset, and then go to the admin area to change things back again.
- Take a look at the "restore TV to factory settings." To get to the reset process, keep going.
In the SmartCast app, you were able to reset your Vizio TV without having to use the TV remote.
Read: Polk Soundbar Keeps Turning Off
Get a New Remote Control for Your Device
There is no volume or input button on your TV, and the SmartCast app doesn't work with your TV. You'll need to buy a new remote. If you will not have a universal remote around the house, then you can't use it. Use the correct codes for your Vizio TV and your set.
In certain cases, you can buy one from Vizio. Other online stores should have one that fits your Vizio TV model. As soon as you connect the remote, you can use this to navigate the settings menus and look for a way to reset the device to its factory settings.
With Mi Remote Controller App
If the buttons on your TV don't work or you can't reset your Vizio TV with these buttons, you can use a smartphone instead. Can you make a TV remote with your smartphone? If your phone has an infrared sensor, you can do this!
Many phones have such an IR sensor that works like a real remote control. Make sure you have a universal remote app on your phone and then reset your Vizio TV.
Another thing you need to do is make sure your TV and phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi. Follow the steps below.
- To get the Mi Remote Controller App on your smartphone, go to the PlayStore and look for the app.
- As soon as you get it, follow the on-screen instructions to connect it to your Vizio TV.
- In the app, click on the digital button. Then, go to the TV menu. This will show a lot of different settings and options.
- Reset and Admin are in the settings. Choose System and then "Reset and Admin."
- Select "Reset TV to Factory Defaults" as your next choice. If you need to enter a pin, do so. Then, finish the process.
That's how you can get the Vizio TV back to how it was when it was new. It might start up again more than once. This means that you should not turn off the TV or press any button.
You have to set up the smartphone remote controller app before you can use your phone as a TV remote. This means that you have to do this before you can use your phone as a remote for your Vizio TV.
However, if you haven't set up the remote control app on your Vizio TV and not have a remote, this technique won't work for you, either. Unfortunately, you need to connect your Vizio TV to a control port in order to set up the remote app on your phone.
In other words, if you have set up your smartphone app to work with your Vizio TV, this method is for you. Also, be careful if you use your smartphone to control your Vizio TV. Just after default restore, your remote smartphone app won't be able to connect to the Vizio TV. Not only that, but you won't be able to do anything with it.
Read: How To Reset Blackweb Bluetooth Speaker
Via the Back Panel Buttons
Another way to reset a Vizio TV without a remote is to use the buttons on the back of the TV. To do this, follow the steps in the table below:
- Before you begin, check to see whether your Vizio TV has been switched on.
- Hold down both the Input and Volume Down keys at once.
- Once the message "To Reset to Default" displays, push the input button on the rear panel for 10 seconds.
- As the message says, you can let go of the two buttons. Presently, press and hold down the input button for 10 seconds, and then let go of the button.
- It will say "memory is being cleared" if the reset is done right. The screen will be reset soon.
- Soon, your Vizio TV would then turn off and start up again. This is what will happen when the TV is turned on: It will automatically set itself back to its factory default setting.
Steps 3 and 4 are important in this method, so don't skip them. If you do, the reset will not work. When you get to step four, make sure you hold down the input button right after the notice from the previous step appears.
If you don't get it the first time, don't worry. You can keep trying as long as you want to keep trying.
In the event that none of the aforementioned methods work for you, don't be discouraged! It's possible to get help from the official Vizio support team. They'll show you how to fix things, especially if the back panel buttons don't work.
What if the Vizio TV still won't restart without the remote?
If the methods above didn't work to get your Vizio TV back to its default state, there isn't any other way to do so. There's no need to lose hope since you still have a few choices. By going to the official Vizio support team and telling them about your problem and what you've tried so far, you will be able to get help quickly.
If the buttons on your rear panel aren't functioning, they might be able to help you figure out what's wrong. There is a physical button on the back panel of your Vizio TV that doesn't work. You can try to fix it yourself by giving it several hard pushes and getting rid of the dust around it. Check your warranty, and if it's available, take use of it in the event that you're unable to fix the problem.
Another cheap way to use your Vizio TV without having to use the original remote is to buy a universal remote. Their prices start at $13.99, and a lot of people have said that they work well and are very responsive.
In this case, you can't think a great performance, but we're sure it would get the job done. You should make sure that your Vizio TV can use a universal remote before you buy one.
When you don't have the remote for your Vizio TV, setting it back up without it is very simple. There are some times when a power cycle will also solve your problems, but if you're still having problems, a factory reset is a positive idea to do. Sometimes when factory resetting the TV doesn't help, it's likely that the TV does have a hardware problem that won't be easy to fix on your own.
I hope the suggestions in this post were helpful in resolving your Vizio TV issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I factory reset my Vizio TV without remote?
If you don't have a remote for your Vizio TV, turn it on. At the same time, hold down the input as well as volume down buttons for about 15 seconds, then let go of them.
When it tells you to, press the input button for ten seconds. As soon as you do this, your TV will finish the hard reset and start up on its own.
How do I force restart my Vizio TV?
Here are the steps to force restart your Vizio TV.
- Then, turn off the power without unplugging it first, then turn it back on.
- Press and hold the CH+ and CH- buttons on the remote at the same time, then turn the TV on and off again.
- Press the power switch.
- Let go of the CH+ and CH- buttons.
- Press the Menu button. Then, a menu will appear on the screen.
- F will be shown on the bottom right corner. This means that this is a factory screen.
- Press the Menu button for a while to get to the Service Menu.
You can see how to do a factory reset from here.
How do I reset my TV to factory settings without a remote?
Without a remote, you can follow these steps to make your TV work like it did when it came out of the box.
- Remove the TV power cord.
- Press and hold down both the Volume Down and Power buttons on the TV at the same time to turn the TV off and on. Plug the cord back in while you do this.
- When a green LED light appears, press the buttons and let go.
How To Connect Samsung TV to WiFi Without Remote
Best Passive Bookshelf Speaker
Best Big Screen Tv
Best Cable Amplifier
RCA Universal Remote Codes For Vizio TV
Best In-Wall Speakers
ADVANCE COMPARE ENGINE
Select Two Audio / Video System for Detailed Comparison
ADVANCE SEARCH ENGINE
Find Your Sound System by Any Desire Specification