Let’s say you’ve lost your Vizio TV remote and now have to rely on a universal remote to control your TV. It could also be that you want to use a single remote to control a lot of different things in your home theater at once. If you want to know what the best way to set up a Universal remote on a Vizio TV is, read this. As a bonus, it also gives you all the RCA Universal Remote Codes for Vizio TV.
Different models of Vizio TV have different RCA Universal Remote codes. There are two-digit, three-digit, four-digit, and five-digit codes for each of these models. This means that if you have a universal remote, you can set it up to work with your Vizio TV and other home theater devices. A Universal remote makes it easier to watch TV and movies.
There are three ways to make your Universal remote work with your Vizio TV. Let’s learn all of these methods first, and then we can go to the list of codes.
RCA Universal remote codes for Vizio TV
You can set up your RCA universal remote to work with any Vizio TV. There are a lot of different models of the Vizio TVs and the codes that are used to program them, so this could change. There is a number on the back of your TV that tells you the model of it.
This will help you figure out which codes to use. Most of the time, two-digit and three-digit codes work, but if they don’t, you can add a 0 at the end to make them four-digit codes.
2 Digit Codes
3 Digit Codes
4 Digit codes
5 Digit codes
How Do I Program an RCA Universal Remote?
The process of setting up your RCA universal remote isn’t very hard. There are three ways to get your RCA Universal Remote to work with your Vizio TV. But, before you start the process, you need to think about some important things.
Make sure that your TV is plugged into a functional power outlet and turned on. In your universal remote, make sure that the batteries are in good shape. If they want to be working and fresh, they should be.
When setting up an RCA universal remote, auto-programming is the best way to do it.
- Turn on your Vizio TV by pressing the power button on the remote control.
- Hold down the “TV” button for about five seconds on your RCA Universal remote to turn on the TV in your room.
- You may release the button if the remote’s LED light blinks twice and then stays on for a few seconds before going out.
- Soon after you get your Vizio TV, type in the programming code. Codes must be tried to find the right one.
- There is an LED light that lights up two times and then goes out when you give the right code.
- In this case, move your RCA Universal remote around and point it at your Vizio TV. Then, press “Power.”
- If your TV agrees to the command as well as turns itself off, the setup is done. You can also tell your TV to do something else to make sure.
- However, if the code is wrong, the TV won’t be able to follow your commands. So, you need to do it again with different codes.
Direct Code Programming
The auto-programming feature isn’t always going to work. In case that method didn’t work for you, your RCA universal remote came with a codebook. The codebook has a lot of codes from almost all of TV companies.
So, you won’t have to enter all the different codes. Only one relevant code will work. Use these steps to set up your TV and remote control on your own.
- The codebook that comes with the RCA Universal Remote has a section about TVs.
- Find the code for your TV brand in the book.
- Circle the possible codes.
- You can press the TV button to turn on the power.
- Keep holding the TV button while you use the numeric buttons on the RCA Universal Remote to enter the code marked with a dot. An example of a code is 11423 for an LG TV, for example.
- If the power light stays on, you have managed to enter the code correctly. As soon as the light flashes four times, you’ll need to try out a different code.
- It’s time to let go of the TV button when the correct code has been typed in.
- Test all of the features, such as the volume, menu, and so on.
Code search method
There is a “Code search method” that you can use to connect your remote to your TV. There aren’t very many RCA Universal Remotes that can be programmed through auto code search, though. Do this by the following method:
- Turn your Vizio TV on.
- In order to set things up on your remote control, press and hold the button that says “Setup.”
- The number keys just on remote can be used to enter the code “9-9-1,” so do that.
- Press and hold the “Power” button on your Universal remote. At the same time, press and hold the “Channel up” button on the same time, too.
- Let go of the button when your TV turns off. You can use the remote to turn it back on, or you can do it by yourself. It shows that your device has been set up.
There are two buttons on the RCA Universal Remote that can help you find the codes you need. To search for codes if you are using the auto-programming method, you will use the Play Button and the Reverse Button to look for them.
Vizio Universal Remote
The Vizio Universal remote is also available for purchase in the retail market. Whether or whether it comes with the television, it is available for purchase separately. If you have a Vizio TV, it’s possible that your remote is the Universal Remote.
You may verify this by looking at the buttons. As long as the buttons are labeled with the device’s name, such as “TV,” “DVD,” or “VCR,” you’ve got a universal remote.
Vizio TV, cable box, DVD player, or speaker may be used to program it. All of your gadgets may be controlled with a single remote. But if you have a universal TV remote, you may buy one from Amazon or a local vendor.
How Do I Set up My Universal Remote to My TV?
Batteries for the RCA universal remote control must be fitted before use. If you haven’t already done so, follow these instructions to connect your RCA Universal Remote to your television. Two approaches exist: the auto-programmed and the codebook approaches. It’s possible that you’ll need to use both techniques to get the remote to work, depending on how old your television is.
Hopefully, you have found it interesting. There are a lot more interesting and useful posts on our blog that you can check out. Besides, you can also ask for help with your TVs as well as other devices.
This guide has told you how to connect a Universal Remote to your Vizio TV in three different ways. It also has the RCA Universal Remote Codes for Vizio TVs. Keep in touch with everyone and stay up to date.
This FAQ is going to solve some of your problems regarding this matter. let’s find out more!
How do I program an RCA Universal Remote to a DVD player without codes?
How do I program an RCA Universal Remote to a Vizio TV?
How do I get the best RCA universal remote?
This isn’t the best remote, but if you want to save money, it’s a good choice.
How do I know the model of my Vizio TV?
If you have a Vizio TV, it comes in different sizes and models. You need to check the model number of your TV to get the right code for programming.