You’re just about take a seat in front of your Hisense TV to watch a bunch of your favorite shows back-to-back, but somehow you can’t find the remote. And perhaps, the remote doesn’t work at all. What’s next? What good is a Hisense TV if you can’t even turn it on or watch your favorite programs without a remote?
If you lose the remote for your beloved Hisense TV, don’t worry. There are other options. Let’s take a closer look at the entire process. Read on to find out how to turn on your Hisense without a remote.
How Can I Turn My TV on Without the Power Button or the Remote?
Even though the remote that happened to come with your Hisense TV is the easiest way to control it, there are other ways if you lose it or want to try something else. In this section, we’ll show you How to Turn on Hisense TV Without Remote.
The Basic Option
The manual method is a very easy way to turn on a Hisense TV. Find the button that turns on your Hisense TV. It may be found near the bottom of the television. To turn the TV on, just press the button. Press the power button once more to turn the TV off.
The Hisense TV has also physical buttons for changing the channel, changing the volume, and going to the menu. This method is simple, but it can’t work. Because you can never reach your TV. So, you can try the methods below that are easier.
The user guide on their website says that most of Hisense’s Roku TVs have the power button right in the middle of the bottom edge.
On some of the sets, the physical buttons have been replaced with more of a sensor. This can make it a little harder to find the place. In general, this area will be connected to the Hisense logo and should be right below it.
It’s also essential to remember that Hisense TVs have three different kinds of physical buttons:
- Single-type button.
- Vertical-type button.
- Circular-type button.
Let’s learn more about them so we can see how they are different.
Single-type control button
Most of the newer Hisense Android TVs, like:
- 32-Inch 32H5500F.
- Other H55 series TV models.
Most people find it hard to find this button. Since it’s under the Hisense logo, which is also where the TV’s LED light is.
This almost makes it impossible to find. Unless you turn the TV on its side. Or touch the bottom.
Now, here’s how to turn on the Hisense TV with this single-type control button:
- Find the tiny power button right next to the Hisense logo.
- Press it and keep it pressed for 2 to 3 seconds. Or until the screen of the TV turns on.
Vertical-type control button
Most smart TVs, no matter what brand, have this kind of physical control button.
Because its design is practical and easy to use for most people of all ages.
It can be found on Hisense TVs:
- Hisense Roku TV H4 series.
- Other similar Roku TV models.
A control button with a vertical shape is more useful than the first one.
This allows you to:
- Turn the TV on.
- Turn off the sound.
- Change the source of the input.
- You can turn up or down the volume.
Here’s how to turn on a Hisense TV with a control button that goes up and down:
- Find the control panel on the left or right side of the back of the TV.
- Find the on/off button. Which is usually at the panel’s bottom.
- Press it once after that.
Circular-type control button
On other 4k, ULED, and Roku Hisense TVs, you can find a control button in the shape of a circle.
Here are some models with this type of physical control button:
- Roku 4k TV.
- A4 series models.
- H3B series models.
- H6B series models.
- H6G series models.
- Other similar models.
And they may be found all over the place. Most often on the lower left or right side of the back of the TV. Or to the left of the IR receiver.
Almost all of the same things can be done with it as with the vertical-type control button. Except that it’s made to be more dense and round.
To switch on a Hisense TV, press the circular-shaped control button.
- Find the panel of buttons near the bottom of the TV. Or under the Hisense logo.
- Then, press the button that says “on.” Which button is in the middle?
The Mobile Apps
The vast majority of smart TVs come with a dedicated smartphone app. This app lets you control everything. But Hisense TV doesn’t come with any apps. But each TV could be used with other apps as well. These apps can be downloaded to your Android or iOS device.
Hisense TV is compatible with both Android and Roku operating systems. So, you can cturn on your Hisense TV with both types of apps. Make sure that your TV and phone are both connected to the very same Wi-Fi network.
Roku TV App
With this app, you can not only turn your TV on and off, but you can also control it in other ways. This app also lets you use your voice to control it. So, you can use your phone to control your TV. Tell us how to control your TV with this app.
- Go to the Google Play Store or the App Store on your phone. Try to find the app called “Roku Official Remote Control.”
- Get this app and install it. Start the app, then look for your Hisense TV.
- Connect the TV to the app. At the bottom of the screen, you will see a tab called “Remote.”
- In order to turn the device on, click on the power button located in the screen’s centre.
Android TV App
Both Android and iOS devices can use this app. Use this app to turn on your Hisense TV by following these easy steps;
- On your iOS or Android device, open the Play Store.
- Try to find the app called “Android TV Remote Control.”
- Install the app, then start it up.
- Now, find your Hisense TV and connect it to the app.
- On your phone’s screen, there will be a big power button in the middle.
- If you tap this button, your Hisense TV will turn on. This app also lets you use your voice to control it. It lets you run your TV without a remote control.
This is a really cool way to turn on the Hisense TV. First, make sure your Hisense TV has a sensor for infrared light. From the remote control, signals are sent to this sensor. Despite that, your remote doesn’t work. But you can control your TV with this sensor.
Infrared sensors are also built into most new Android phones. So they can be used to turn on your TV just like a remote.
Just go to the Play Store and get the MiRemote app. Start the app and do what it says on the screen.
This app can be used to control more than just your Hisense TV. It can also be used to control your air conditioner, microwave, etc.
You can look for ways to control your TV through the app store on the phone. For Android, there is an app called “Remote Now” that lets you control this same TV without getting up.
RemoteNOW tends to work like a virtual tv remote which can be used instead of your real one. It lets you change channels, change TV settings, and do a lot more. You can easily add new apps and organize your Hisense TV from the RemoteNOW interface.
The app can be downloaded from the Play Store or the App Store.
- On your phone, open the RemoteNOW app. Then, connect both your smartphone and your Hisense Smart TV to a certain WiFi network.
- On the RemoteNOW app, tap the TV icon.
- Now, choose which Hisense Smart TV you want. It will be put together.
Now, you can use your phone to run your Hisense Smart TV.
Google Assistant is a voice assistant that can be used to control your Hisense TV and many other smart home devices.
So, if you don’t want to use a remote, you can use Google Assistant to turn on your Hisense TV:
- Connect your TV and phone to the very same Wifi network.
- Get the “Google Home” app from the play store and put it on your phone.
- Open the app and look at the list of devices for your TV.
- Tap the model of your Hisense TV to link it to the app.
- Tell Google, “Okay, Google, turn on the TV.” In the same way, you can use your voice to turn the TV OFF, change the volume, channel, or play a video.
Streaming devices such as Google Chromecast are becoming more popular. Chromecast allows you to broadcast entertainment from your phone to a larger TV screen.
Also, you can use this thing to control your TV. Sure, if you already have this device, it’s a great way to turn on the TV and control it.
But your Hisense TV has to be able to work with HDMI CEC. Find this feature by looking in the user guide or in the settings.
Follow these easy steps to turn on your Google Chromecast-enabled Hisense TV;
- To get to the menu on your Hisense TV, press the “Home” button. This button is on the TV and in the apps for phones and tablets.
- Click “Settings” in the menu and then tap “Input” to change how you type. Next, pick “HDMI Control” and turn it on.
- Plug the Google Chromecast into your Hisense TV’s HDMI port.
- You can link your phone to the Chromecast by getting the Google Home app on your phone and going through the setup process.
- Choose a video on your phone, tap “Cast,” and then choose “Chromecast.”
- Your TV will turn on by itself, and the video will show up on the screen.
- So, when you want to send a video from your phone to your TV, you can use the Chromecast to turn on your Hisense TV.
Use A Universal Remote Control
You can pair a universal remote control to your TV and use it to turn your Hisense TV. Let’s assume that you have a universal remote that you use for other gadgets in your home. You can pair the universal remote to your TV and use it to turn on your Hisense TV. To pair universal remote to your Hisense TV, you will need universal remote codes. You can use any of these codes to complete the process.
Hisense 4 Digit Universal Remote Codes
Hisense TVs have become very popular among people who want high-quality devices at prices that aren’t too high. They have a lot of features and different operating systems to give customers a lot of options.
People who have lost their remotes or just want something different will be glad to know those who are out there. If you’ve lost or broken your remote control for your Hisense TV, use the steps outlined above. Try them out and stick with us.
You might have questions about your Hisense TV. Here are some of the most common questions asked by users and the answers we tried to give.
Where are the physical buttons on my Hisense TV?
Hisense TVs have basic control buttons like power, volume, channel, and menu, just like other brands. You can find these small buttons on the bottom of the front panel.
Can I reset my Hisense TV without a remote?
Your Hisense TV has a button on the back or bottom that lets you start over. It is a small hole that says “RESET.” Help sort a paperclip or use a pen, put it in the hole, as well as press for seconds or until the TV turns back on. It will force your Hisense TV to start over.
What does HDMI CEC mean on Hisense TV?
Consumer Electronics Control is what CEC is short for. With this feature, you can use the same HDMI cable to control more than one device. With HDMI CEC, you can control all the devices that are hooked up to your TV with just one remote. This feature can be turned on in the TV’s settings under “Input” and “HDMI Control.”
Can I control my Hisense TV with a universal remote?
Yes, a universal remote will work with a Hisense TV. If you pair a universal remote, you can control everything. But you need to understand the code to connect the two. Here is a full list of both 4-digit and 5-digit RCA universal remote codes, as well as the way to program them.
Why my Hisense TV is too slow?
Sometimes the TV is too slow to respond, making it take longer to change channels. This is because there isn’t enough memory space, the internet is slow, there are software bugs, updates aren’t installed yet, or apps aren’t working right. Clear the “Cache” in the settings, update the software, install any updates that are still waiting, and reset your Hisense TV to fix these problems.