The MartinLogan Motion 50XT center speaker pairs perfectly with the company’s other XT (“extreme”) speakers and will enable listeners to engage in a full surround sound listening experience. Pairing this center channel speaker with a stereo pair of MartinLogan XT front and surround speakers is going to make for a very formidable home theater. The MartinLogan Motion 50XT center speaker is 22.8″ wide and 7.6″ tall. It sits 12.8″ deep and can play down to around 50Hz—perfect for a center channel that can dig in deep when needed for on-screen action. The Motion 50XT uses two 6.5″ aluminum woofers and a Folded Motion XT tweeter. A single rear port allows the two bass drivers to get a bit more power and reach into those lower frequencies.
The MartinLogan 50XT center speaker has a dispersion angle of 80º (horizontal) x 30º (vertical). That means that, as a center channel, you won’t have to worry about falling “off-axis” when you move around a bit or sit wide-of-center to the television or projector screen. The FoldedMotion tweeter fits 4.5″ x 2.75″ of surface area into a space just 1.25″ x 2.4″, letting high frequencies literally pour into the room with no audible compression. The MartinLogan Motion 50XT speakers use aluminum 6.25″ bass drivers which also cover the midrange frequencies, and a cast polymer basket holds and controls the drivers.
[top-seller category_id=’7′ product_count=’4′ title=’Top Selling Center Speakers’]
Like the MartinLogan Motion 60XT tower speakers, the Motion 50XT center speaker will play extremely loud with very little amplification (it only requires 20 watts and can handle an impressive 300 watts of continuous power). Having an efficient speaker is imperative when you’re dealing with a 4-ohm system. With a sensitivity of 94 dB SPL (1W/m) there shouldn’t be any issues driving this with an 8-ohm-compatible amplifier. Most people running speakers of this caliber will want to pair it with a good quality amplifier (the Yamaha A-S2100 amplifier looks awesome if you’re on the market). Custom 5-way bi-wirable tool-less binding posts finish off this center channel nicely and provide a beautiful look to this speaker.
This center channel speaker is available in either a Piano Black, White, and Cherrywood finish and it retails for $899.95 each.
MartinLogan Motion 50XT Center Speaker Specifications
- Frequency Response: 50–25,000 Hz ± 3 dB
- Dispersion: 80° x 30°
- High Frequency Driver: 1.25” x 2.4” (3.2cm x 6.1cm) Folded Motion XT Transducer with 4.5” x 2.75” (11.4cm x 7cm) diaphragm
- Low Frequency Transducer: Two 6.5” (20.3cm) aluminum cone with cast polymer basket. Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes.
- Sensitivity: 94 dB @ 2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms. Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 – 300 watts
- Crossover Frequency: 900 & 2,200 Hz
- Cabinet: Ported
- Inputs: Custom 5-way bi-wire tool-less binding posts
- Weight: 30.5 lbs. (13.8 kg)
- Dimensions: 7.6” x 22.8” x 12.8” (19.2cm x 58cm x 32.6cm)