There are different kinds of JBL headphones. Most of the JBL headphones, though, are wireless. They can connect to other devices through Bluetooth. Some JBL headphones have two ways to plug them in.
An aux cable can be used to connect them to a device. But using Bluetooth to connect the headphones wirelessly is the best way to do it.
Because this link can be changed and is easy to use. In this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about how to connect your JBL headphones to your iPhone, iPad, computer, tablet, laptop, TV, Apple Watch, Chromebook, or MacBook.
Then, we’ll connect your JBL headphones to each one of these devices in turn.
How to Turn ON Pairing Mode on Your JBL Headphones
First, press the power button on the JBL headphones to turn them on. The LED indicator will light up when the headsets are turned on. A specific Bluetooth button can be found on the majority of JBL headphones. You can set your JBL headphones into pairing mode by pushing this button.
It has a blue LED light that blinks when it’s ready to connect. When the device is associated, the LED light becomes blue and stays that way for a long time. If you do have JBL Bluetooth earbuds, those who might not have a button that is specifically for Bluetooth. But they have a third button between the up and down volume buttons.
To placed your JBL headphones in pairing mode, pressing and holding this button for a few seconds. Any Bluetooth device can be connected using the same pairing method.
But you have to use a different pairing method for each device you would like to connect your JBL headphones to.
To An Android Device
Getting your Bluetooth JBL headphones to work with your Android phone is easy.
Just do what’s written below:
- To turn your headphones on, press the power button. You can also get them out of the box where they charge.
- Turn on Bluetooth mode on the headset.
- Go to “Menu” and choose “Bluetooth” from there.
- You can now see a list of all the devices that are within range of your wireless signal.
- Find the name of the model of your headphones here.
- Tap on the device you want to connect the headphones to, and they will do so.
- Put in the password to connect the two devices. Most factory codes start with 0000. You could indeed check the user’s manual if you think this code is wrong.
- If you’ve done it right, the light on the headphones will flash. Then, a connection sign or the word “Connected” will show up on your screen.
- Check to see if the JBL headphones work.
It is easy to hook up JBL headphones to an Android phone.
Connecting To An iOS Device
It’s easy to connect your JBL headphones to an iPhone or iPad. To work with an iPhone or iPad, the headphones should be within 33 feet.
Both of these work in the same manner and have menus that are similar. So, follow the steps below to connect your JBL headphones to your iPhone or iPad;
First, press the power button on your JBL headphones for about 2 seconds to turn them on. The blue LED light beside the power button would then blink.
If it doesn’t, you’ll need to force your JBL headphones to turn on. Press the button between the up – and – down buttons for the volume. When the blue LED blinks, you can let go of it. Now, you can pair your JBL headphones with your phone by using either of these two ways to turn them on.
- Now, go to your iPhone or iPad’s “Settings” menu. Go to the settings for Bluetooth.
- Turn on the Bluetooth and look for devices that are nearby.
- The model number of your JBL headphones will be shown in the list. Just tap on the name of the JBL headphones you want to use.
- After that, enter the passcode for your JBL headphones, which is either “0000” or documented in the user manual.
- After a few seconds, “Connected” will show up on the screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Your iPhone or iPad is now paired with your JBL headphones. Now you can use your JBL headphones to talk on the phone.
- Do another step if you want to play music from an iPhone or iPad on the JBL headphones.
- Tap the “Airplay” icon on your iPhone or iPad’s screen. It will open the app for music. If you click on a song, your JBL Bluetooth headphones will play it.
Disconnecting your JBL headphones is as simple as turning them off. You don’t have to go through the pairing process again and again.
As long as your iPhone is switched on, the headphones will automatically connect to your smartphone and connect to your music library.
Read: Speaker Impedance Rating
To Laptop or Macbook
The way to turn on Bluetooth on a laptop or MacBook is a little different from how to do it on an iOS or Android device. They are different in ways that are less about how to connect the earbuds but more to do with how they work. We’ll talk about each one on its own to avoid mistakes and misunderstanding the instructions as clear and simple as possible.
- Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen of your Macbook.
- Clicking on “System Preferences” will bring up a list of choices.
- This one will show you what your choices are. There is a Bluetooth icon in the third row.
- To use Bluetooth, click the icon. The Bluetooth menu will show up in the next window that pops up.
- On the Bluetooth, turn it on. Check “Show Bluetooth in the menu bar” as well.
- Now, press the button on your JBL headphones that says “Bluetooth.”
- The Macbook will show your JBL headphones, and you can pair them by clicking the “Connect” button.
Your JBL headphones will work right away with your Macbook.
- Right click icon at the bottom left of the screen on your Windows laptop. You will see a tab called “Settings.” Click on it.
- Next, go to the settings for “Devices.” It will give you a list of choices. Choose the option that says “Bluetooth and other devices.”
- This same button would then turn blue when you turn on Bluetooth.
- Next, tap the “+” sign in the upper right corner that says “Add a Bluetooth or other device.”
- It will give you three or more choices. Click “Bluetooth.”
- Now, press the power button on your JBL headphones to turn them on. Then, press the
- Bluetooth button and start pairing. You can now find the headphones.
- Your computer is already set up to pair. Your JBL headphones will be found. Press on the right model number on the list that you can see on the screen of your laptop.
- The process of pairing will start, and after a while, “Connected” will appear on the laptop screen. To finish the process, tap the “Done” button.
Connect JBL Headphones to A TV
The best headphones are made by JBL. They give you more options, and you can even hook them up to your TV. So, you can use your JBL headphones to listen to TV sound.
But your TV needs to have Bluetooth built in for the JBL headphones to work. But your JBL headphones can also connect to a smart TV that doesn’t have Bluetooth built in.
But to do this, you will need adapters. This article tells you how to connect your TV as well as JBL headphones in both ways.
Pairing the JBL Headphones with a TV having built-in Bluetooth
If the TV has Bluetooth built in, it will be easy to connect the headphones. Most Fire TVs and Android TVs have Bluetooth built in. Just do what’s written below;
- Turn on your JBL headphones’ Bluetooth pairing mode. Most JBL headphones with Bluetooth have a Bluetooth button. But the JBL headphones might not have a separate button for Bluetooth.
- By holding down the center button for five seconds, you could really put them inside the pairing mode.
- Each model has an LED light that shows when it’s paired. When the device is in Bluetooth pairing mode, it blinks blue.
- Presently, open the menu on the screen of your smart TV. Go over to settings and afterwards find the “Bluetooth” settings.
- Look for Bluetooth devices that are nearby. The list will show the model of JBL headphones you have.
- Use the TV to choose your JBL headphones. In a few seconds, the two devices will connect.
Either your TV or your headphones can be used to change the volume.
Connect the JBL headphones to a TV that doesn’t have Bluetooth built in
A Bluetooth Audio Adapter is what you will need for this. This device lets you connect your JBL headphones to a TV that doesn’t have Bluetooth built in.
With this adapter, you can connect not only JBL headphones to your TV, but also headphones from other brands. It means you can connect your TV to two things at the same time.
Here’s how to pair your JBL headphones to the TV;
- Connect the Bluetooth Adapter to both the power source and the TV.
- Put both your JBL headphones and your Bluetooth adapter into pairing mode.
- After a short time, the two devices will connect. When the Adapter is paired with your JBL headphones, it will connect automatically to the TV.
Sure, the Bluetooth Adapter is the link between both the TV and headphones.
Pairing To A Smartwatch
The smartwatch has a lot of high-tech features, just like a smartphone. This watch is great, and it can be used with JBL headphones.
Let’s take a look at how it works:
- To start, turn on the Bluetooth mode on the headphones.
- Go to the settings on the Apple Watch.
- To get to the Bluetooth settings, scroll down.
- Tap it to look for devices that work with it.
- Choose the right JBL headphones for you.
In a few seconds, it will connect to your smartwatch.
Pair JBL Headphones to A Computer
Most desktop computers can connect to other devices using Bluetooth. You can connect this kind of computer to the JBL headphones in the same way you did with your laptop.
But some old computers don’t have Bluetooth built in that works. But you can still connect your JBL headphones to a computer like this.
Tell us how to wirelessly connect your JBL headphones to your computer.
Take an adapter for Bluetooth. It is a small plug that can be plugged into your computer. For steady pairing as well as good sound quality, it’s best to use a Bluetooth 5.0 adapter.
But you can also use a Bluetooth 4.0 adapter to do this. But never buy a cheap adapter. Always buy a good one.
- Connect the Bluetooth adapter to your computer’s USB port.
- The computer will automatically know what the device is. The Bluetooth icon will be in the bottom right corner of your computer screen.
- When you click its Bluetooth icon, you’ll see a list of options. Tap “Add a Bluetooth device” or “Show Bluetooth devices” to add or show Bluetooth devices.
- The computer screen will show the Bluetooth menu.
- Turn on the pairing mode on your JBL headphones. It will show up on your computer’s list.
- Choose the JBL headphones you want. In a few minutes, it will work.
Pairing the JBL Headphones to a Chromebook
Chromebook is a smart computer that works well. You can do different things with it. It is just like a laptop. It will work with your JBL headphones.
Do these things;
- Turn on your JBL headphones’ Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Now, go to the bottom right corner of your Chromebook’s screen.
- Tap the battery icon you see here. It will bring up a short menu that also shows Bluetooth.
- If indeed the Bluetooth is turned off, you can turn it on by tapping.
- Presently, your Chromebook will start looking at all the devices that are nearby. Pick the JBL headphones you want.
- It will show “Connecting to JBL headphones” in a new pop-up window.
- After a few seconds, the Chromebook will make a sound to let you know that it worked.
How to Disconnect JBL Headphones from A Paired Bluetooth Device
Once you’ve paired your JBL headphones with a Bluetooth device, they automatically connect when you turn them on. So, you don’t have to go through the pairing process again and again.
But you might want to unpair your JBL headphones from a device or connect them to a different Bluetooth device.
In this case, you will have to reset the JBL headphones. They will forget about everything that was paired. You can attach your JBL headphones to something else by going through the pairing process again.
Follow these steps to reset your JBL headphones;
- Press the power button to turn your headphones on.
- Now, hold down the “Volume Down” and “Volume Up” buttons at the same time for at least 5 seconds.
- When the device shuts down, you can let go of the buttons.
- After a while, this will turn on again with a “powering on” and “pinging” sound.
Still, your JBL headphones are back to how they were when they came out of the box. It has been cut off from all the Bluetooth devices it was paired with. By using the steps in this article, you can connect it to any other device.
This article tells you everything you need to know about how to connect your JBL headphones to different devices. The method for pairing is explained at the start of the article.
While each device’s specific instructions are given separately. So, if you read this article, you’ll know how to connect your JBL headphones to your iPhone, iPad, computer, tablet, laptop, TV, Apple Watch, Chromebook, and Macbook.
You can play music from your devices on your JBL headphones. The volume can be changed either by the device that is paired with the headphones or by the headphones themselves.