TV Sound base speakers are growing in popularity. For one, they're much larger than soundbars, making them capable of much more output—and a more theatrical sound. The ZVOX SoundBase 770 is the flagship product from Zvox. It produces rich, room-filling home theater sound without filling your room with speakers like a traditional 5.1 surround sound system. The huge gain is convenience and an ease of setup that is unlike anything you've experienced.
The ZVOX 770 is 42” wide, allowing it it can work with even some of the largest TVs. At only 3.5” high, it easily fits underneath your TV and remains nearly unseen. That 3.5" is enough to allow for five full range speakers (including three center speakers). Connecting your TV to the ZVOX Soundbase 770 is simple—in fact there's only one cable (digital optical TOSLink). Fromthe included drivers you get super-clear vocals and powerful bass thanks to three built-in powered subwoofers. The ZVOX PhaseCue virtual surround system creates theater-like three-dimensional sound without the need for speakers throughout the room. Want to listen to music? Stream audio from your phone or tablet via aptX Bluetooth wireless connectivity. Having trouble hearing the voices on a show? Push the AccuVoice® button on the remote and vocals become crystal clear automatically. Tired of loud commercials? Push the OL (Output Leveling) button on the remote and the ZVOX will tame loud commercials before they annoy you. You can also program the ZVOX system so that it works with your current remote control. A large, easy-to-read display is hidden under the front grille, and disappears when you’re not using it.
The SoundBase 770 is the perfect home theater system for people who want fantastic sound, great style and innovative features – without the clutter and complexity of conventional surround sound systems.
- Improved Sound
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Super-Clear Vocals
- "Commercial Taming" Technology
- Multiple Inputs Including Front-Panel iPod®/Portable Plug
- Works With Your Remote!
More Detail for the Detail-Minded
Great Sound. The most important feature for any home theater system is high quality sound. The 770 uses a new amplifier design with extremely accurate frequency response and a warm, natural sound and surprisingly powerful bass.
PhaseCue® II Virtual Surround Sound. The 770 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue II virtual surround processing to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. With music, PhaseCue II creates a very wide soundstage - it literally sounds like you are listening to speakers eight feet apart from each other. When listening to a good movie, the soundtrack will envelop you, putting you in the middle of the action. While no virtual surround system - including ours - will give you the surround effects of a good 5.1 system, the ZVOX 770 does a remarkable job. Sound & Vision magazine calls our PhaseCue processing "remarkably ingenious."
Built-In Bluetooth Wireless Audio After a thorough search where we tested a large number of options, ZVOX chose the BlueGiga Bluetooth solution for our new SoundBase systems. Compared to the other systems we tested, the BlueGiga module provided much more reliable connectivity and better range. It also allows for superior audio quality with fully digital internal connections and the aptX software codec. We don't know of a Bluetooth solution that offers better connectivity, range and sound quality than BlueGiga.
Green Design. The 770 uses a highly-efficient Class D digital amplifier. Even playing at quite loud volumes, it usually uses less than 10 watts of total power. And standby power usage tends to hover around 0.1 watts - making it one of the "greenest" audio systems ever made.
Setting A New Standard For Vocal Clarity. ZVOX systems are known for their remarkable vocal clarity. The 770 adds a stunning new feature: AccuVoice. When you push the "DE" button on the remote control you engage a circuit that mimics the functions of a hearing aid. The frequencies used by human voices are dynamically emphasized, while other frequencies are minimized. We don't know of any other speaker system that provides such an easy-to-use and effective method for improving the intelligibility of television dialog.
Uses Your Remote Control. The new SoundBase system can be programmed to respond to your remote control. The illuminated display walks you through a less-than-a-minute programming cycle. Then your TV remote...or cable box remote...or satellite receiver remote...or ANY remote...can control volume, mute, and power functions of the ZVOX system.The 770 uses a highly advanced processor to digitally tailor the sound for excellent frequency response. The result is a very smooth, very accurate sound. This SoundBase system doesn't sound like a "sound bar," it sounds like an audiophile quality speaker system.
Taming Commercials That Are Too Loud. If you've ever been blasted out of your chair by a too-loud commercial - or by a cable channel that's twice as loud as another channel - you'll love the new Output Leveling (OL) feature on the ZVOX 770. Just push the OL button and a sophisticated processor takes over, making soft sounds louder and loud sounds softer, so there are fewer jarring moments when switching channels or when commercials come on. This system also helps by boosting the audio levels from a DVD or Blu Ray player that is not loud enough.
Disappearing Display. The 770 features a four-digit display located behind the speaker grille that shows the current setting for volume, bass, treble and PhaseCue II® (virtual surround) - and also shows when you have engaged the Mute, Output Leveling (OL) or Dialog Emphasis (DE) features. A few seconds after you stop using your remote (or front panel) controls, the display disappears completely.
Multiple Inputs, front-panel connection for iPod® and other devices, Dolby Digital decoder. The 770 has two analog audio inputs, two optical (Toslink) digital inputs, one coaxial digital input - plus a front panel 3.5mm analog stereo input for convenient connection of your iPod or other portable audio device. Any specific input can be selected using either the remote control or the slim-line module below the speaker grille. The two digital inputs work with a built-in Dolby Digital decoder, which can improve virtual surround performance and allow for simplified connections to a wide variety of TVs, cable boxes and disc players.
- Dimensions: 42 "W x 18"D x 3 1/2 "H
- Weight: 32 pounds. With box and packing: 36 pounds.
- Amplifier: The 770 uses a high-efficiency 125 watt Class D digital amplifier.
- Rear inputs: (2) analog stereo inputs, (2) optical (Toslink) digital input, (1) coaxial digital input.
- Front input: (1) 3.5mm stereo front panel input.
- Frequency range: 45 Hz - 20 kHz.
- Virtual surround sound: The 770 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue II virtual surround sound processing. PhaseCue II, as its name implies, manipulates the phase of the separate channels to "fool the ear" into believing that sound is coming from a variety of sources throughout the room. The benefits of PhaseCue II vary greatly based on program material. Live music and well-recorded modern movie soundtracks will deliver rich, three-dimensional sound – pulling the sound out from the speakers and into the room, literally surrounding the listener. Note: All virtual surround systems – including the PhaseCue II system – are limited in their effects when compared to a good 5.1 system. And sitcoms, news broadcasts and soundtracks from older movies often have very little in the way of three-dimensional sound. That being said, PhaseCue II is capable of generating a wonderful and engaging virtual surround experience.
- BlueGiga Bluetooth Wireless Audio with aptX for optimal connectivity, range and sound quality
- AccuVoice (Dialog Emphasis) and Output Leveling Features
- The 770 is bi-amplified, using a specially designed amplifier that includes electronic contouring for superb frequency response.
- The 770's three 5.25" subwoofers use a high-mass long-throw design in a ported enclosure.
- The 770's five 2"x 3" main speaker drivers use a long-throw design to create remarkably wide range, accurate sound.
- Unlike most systems in its category, the 770 uses an MDF (medium density fiberboard) wood cabinet - instead of molded plastic. MDF is the preferred construction material for high-performance speaker systems.
- A 2-meter RCA-RCA analog stereo connecting cord and an optical digital (TOSLINK) cable are included.
- 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz.
- The ZVOX 770 is backed by a one year limited parts and labor warranty.
What's In The Box?
- One stereo RCA to stereo RCA connecting cable
- One optical digital (TOSLINK) cable
- One remote control with power on/off, volume up/down, mute, PhaseCue II (three level settings), bass up/down and treble up/down, input selection, Output Leveling (OL), AccuVoice (ACCU).
- Power cord
- One-sheet safety instructions and operations manual, fast setup sheet and remote control programming instruction sheet.
|Frequency Response +/-3dB||45 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Audio Return Channel (ARC)||No|
|Component Video Inputs||No|
|Composite Video Inputs||-|
|Optical Digital Inputs||-|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||-|
|Analog Audio Inputs||-|
|Bar Height||3 1/2"|
|Bar Depth||16 1/2"|