Superior sound stereo receiver combining ToP-ART technology and ART Base chassis construction provide for crisp, clean sound. Advanced features include continuously variable loudness control, Pure Direct along with Yamaha iPod dock connection, SIRIUS Radio Ready, 40-station AM/FM and zone 2 control gives an assurance of total music enjoyment.
- ToP-ART and ART Base chassis construction fully protect audio signals from noise and vibration.
- Pure Direct uses the shortest signal route for higher sound purity with low noise and transmission losses.
- Yamaha's exclusive Continuously Variable Loudness Control for listening at low volumes.
- The built-in iPod Dock has an independent power supply for extremely high S/N ratio.
- With a subscription to SIRIUS Satellite Radio, you can greatly expand your choice of high quality radio programs.
- This receiver makes it easy for someone in another room to listen to the music and even control playback.
- 75W x 2 high power output
- 40-station AM/FM random access preset tuning
- Speaker A, B or A+B selection
- Pure Direct for short and direct signal path
- Subwoofer Out
- Rec Out selector
- Power management (Auto power off)
- Preset remote control
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 6" x 15-1/4"
12V Trigger Out (Control Out)
The 12V trigger output can be used to automatically power on the components in Zone 2 when the main power is turned on. Output is a high 100mA, so relay operation is possible.
Remote (IR) 2 In/Out and Remote 2 In
These terminals let you connect an IR signal receiver for wireless remote control between the Main Zone and Zone 2.
Speaker A/B and A+B Selection
Enjoy music in a second room! Just connect a second pair of speakers to the Speaker B terminals and you can listen to either pair or both of them at the same time.
The Look and Texture of Quality
Offers the look and feel of the top-class A-S2000, with elegant aluminum front panel and silky touch volume/selector knobs. You can feel Yamaha's commitment to quality when you touch the knobs.
ToP-ART Sound Quality Design
ToP-ART (Total Performance Anti-Resonance Technology) design uses a symmetrical layout for accurate sound field reproduction and the ART Base to eliminate effects from external vibration.
Music signals travel the shortest possible route, bypassing the buffer amp and tone, loudness and balance controls to virtually eliminate any signal degradation for the purest sound quality.
New Speaker Terminals
These high grade speaker terminals have silver plating for best connection and outstanding durability. The pitch between jacks is wider for easier insertion.
Highest Quality Parts
The quality of each individual part, as well as how they work together, basically determines the sound quality of any component. Yamaha uses only very high quality parts, carefully selected and tested.
Continuously Variable Loudness Control
Our ears lose sensitivity to high and low frequencies at low volume levels. This control lets you turn down the volume while maintaining the optimum frequency response.
Special Power Supply for Clear iPod Sound
The iPod dock has an independent power supply to prevent operating or charging current from the iPod from flowing into the amp ground signal. This ensures optimum iPod sound quality.
Balanced System for Minimal Noise
An unbalanced interface is subject to commonmode voltage noise, so Yamaha uses a balanced system to receive the iPod signal. This makes a significant contribution to reducing noise in the system for higher sound quality.
New Remote Controls
The R-S500 preset remote control is designed to make it easy to operate the receiver's many functions.
|Optical Digital Inputs||-|
|Optical Digital Outputs||-|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||-|
|Coaxial Digital Outputs||-|
|HDMI Standby Passthrough||No|
|Component Video Inputs||-|
|Component Video Outputs||-|
|Watts Per Channel||75|