Crescendo X is a luxury wireless speaker featuring Bluetooth®, AirPlay, and whole-home wireless streaming with DTS® Play-Fi® technology. Under the grill, the Crescendo X includes dual audiophile quality Folded Motion™ tweeters and a 5x7-inch mid/bass woofer for a deep, extended bass response. The Crescendo X is capable of reproducing sound with unflinching accuracy, resolution, and detail—the inspiration behind every MartinLogan design.
Our dedicated in-house design and engineering team created the ultimate table-top speaker system in a sleek, compact design without compromising sound quality. Taking a "no-compromise" approach, the Crescendo features premium construction and design elements not typically found in similar speakers.
MartinLogan has always blended Science with Art, and the Crescendo X is no exception. Designed to fit a modern decor, MartinLogan utilizes high-quality materials and finishes to give Crescendo X a furniture and artwork like appearance. The result is striking.
The dense cabinet enclosure, wrapped in either high-gloss piano black paint or real-wood walnut veneer, floats atop a sturdy aluminum stand and looks comfortably at home in any decor where aesthetics are as important as sound quality. A cleanly integrated, front mounted control panel allows quick access to power, input and volume controls.
For across the room control, Crescendo X includes a custom remote control built from black anodized extruded aluminum.
At the core of the Crescendo X is an advanced 24-bit 48kHz DSP (digital signal processing) based preamplifier in conjunction with a powerful class-D closed-loop 100-watt (140-watt peak) amplifier. Crescendo X's amplifier creates powerfully detailed sound from a custom designed front-firing 5x7-inch matte black polypropylene cone woofer with extended throw drive assembly in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Low frequencies are seamlessly blended with two of MartinLogan's high-performance Folded Motion™ tweeters for an astonishing, room filling experience.
The signature Folded Motion tweeters utilize extremely low mass diaphragms that "squeeze" air, and require significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
Crescendo X is crafted with a solid MDF enclosure that strengthens and intensifies low-frequency bass performance while minimizing vibrations. To further enhance bass performance, Crescendo X features an optional subwoofer output via an analog RCA connection. This option, not typical of tabletop speaker systems, customizes the crossover between the Crescendo X and subwoofer to give true audiophiles the ability to supplement the low-frequency performance of their system.
Wireless Connectivity with DTS Play-Fi®
Crescendo X is part of MartinLogan's Wireless Ensemble, utilizing DTS Play-Fi technology. Listeners have the freedom and flexibility to stream their high-resolution music (up to 24- bit/192kHz) wirelessly over an existing Wi-Fi network to any number of connected speakers that utilize DTS Play-Fi technology once paired with the Play-Fi App. Unlike many wireless platforms, DTS Play-Fi is an open platform, meaning listeners are able to mix and match any DTS Play-Fi-enabled audio products from a selection of top audio brands. Listeners can take advantage of endless choices, from their own music libraries to online music streaming services*, and they can stream their music from virtually any device – Android, iOS, Kindle Fire or PC.
* Some of the music services listed below may not be available in your region. All logos are property of their respective owner(s).
Seven input methods allow for connection of virtually any device:
- DTS Play-Fi – via the DTS-Play Fi app, stream audio from capable devices over a Wi-Fi network (iOS, Android, PC or Kindle Fire)
- AirPlay – connect AirPlay capable devices wirelessly (iPhone, iPad, iPod, or a computer with iTunes) to stream audio.
- Bluetooth – connect Bluetooth capable devices wirelessly to stream audio. Bluetooth V4.0 supports SBC, MP3, AAC, and apt-X®.
- Wired Ethernet – audio information can be sent over a LAN to the Crescendo using various protocols (such as AirPlay or DLNA)
- USB – connect compatible Apple devices and use the Crescendo as an audio dock and charger. The USB connection was designed to rapidly charge a variety of devices.
- Analog – any device that has an analog audio output can connect to the auxiliary analog input via a 3.5mm headphone style jack.
- Optical digital – any device that has a digital optical output can connect to the auxiliary digital input with the included mini-Toslink optical adapter (analog and digital connections share the same input).
Audio & DSP Section
Built-in Class-D Amp w/ Advanced DSP: At the core of the MartinLogan Crescendo X is an advanced 24-bit/48kHz DSP (digital signal processing) based preamplifier in conjunction with a powerful class-D closed-loop 100-watt (140-watt peak) amplifier. Crescendo X's digital amplifier produces sound with accuracy, resolution, and, detail. 50 watts x 1 channel is delivered to the 5"x7" cone woofer and 25 watts x 2 channel is delivered to the dual 1" Folded Motion tweeters.
Two-Way Driver Design: The MartinLogan Crescendo X premium wireless speaker system create creates a powerfully detailed sound from its two 1" Folded Motion tweeters and one 5"x7" polypropylene woofer for a room-filling experience. Low and High frequencies are seamlessly blended together between the drivers for a natural sound.
- Two 1" Folded Motion Tweeters: The signature Folded Motion tweeters utilize extremely low mass diaphragms that "squeeze" air, and require significantly less excursion than the typical 1" dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
- 5"x7" Polypropylene Woofer: The custom designed front-firing 5x7-inch matte black polypropylene cone woofer features an extended throw drive assembly in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format for deep, accurate bass.
Solid MDF Enclosure: The MartinLogan Crescendo X is crafted with a solid MDF enclosure that strengthens and intensifies low-frequency bass performance while minimizing vibrations. The dense cabinet enclosure, wrapped in either high-gloss piano black paint or real-wood walnut veneer, floats atop a sturdy aluminum stand and looks comfortably at home in any décor where aesthetics are as important as sound quality. Designed to fit a modern décor, MartinLogan utilizes high-quality materials and finishes to give Crescendo X a furniture and artwork like appearance.
Aux Input (Digital or Analog): The unit's Aux Input can be used as either a digital optical (Toslink) or analog input. This input will accept either a standard 3.5mm stereo headphone style or mini-Toslink plug. A special mini-Toslink to Toslink cable or mini-Toslink adaptor is required for digital optical connection. The digital input supports 2ch PCM only (not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS). This input can only be played back at the speaker location and cannot be used for a multiroom application.
Subwoofer Output: The Crescendo X features an optional subwoofer output via an analog RCA connection. This option, not typical of tabletop speaker systems, customizes the crossover between the Crescendo X and your powered sub (sold separately) to give you the ability to supplement the low-frequency performance of the system.
Simple Controls: For across the room control, the Crescendo X includes an IR remote control built from black anodized extruded aluminum. The Crescendo X's remote control quickly adjusts volume, selects inputs, and controls your media content (basic playback functions include Play/Pause only). The remote also allows you to easily switch between two discrete acoustic modes: "Bass +" mode (for those moments requiring a little extra thunder) and a "Normal" mode that restores normal levels. In addition, front-mounted control panel allows quick access to power, input and volume controls.
Wireless & Multiroom Audio
DTS Play-Fi Wireless Technology: Martin Logan's Crescendo X employs DTS Play-Fi wireless technology for wireless sound that is reliable and high-quality. DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality. DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound; up to 16-bit/48kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router.
Note: All DTS Play-Fi enabled products work seamlessly together, so there's no hassle adding more speakers, or choosing more than one audio brand like Martin Logan, Definitive Technology, Polk Audio, Phorus,Wren, etc..) in your home.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Martin Logan Crescendo X wireless speaker system uses your home's network for whole-house audio entertainment. The Crescendo X connects to your home's wireless network via WiFi (802.11 b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz); a dual-band "N" or better router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection. For a wired connection, the Crescendo X speaker features an Ethernet RJ-45 jack to connect the speaker to your home's network.
Simple Setup: There are two methods for connecting the DTS Play-Fi wireless speaker system to your home network. You can perform WiFi setup via the free DTS Play-Fi on your Apple iOS/Android mobile device or Windows PC (this setup allows you to connect multiple Play-Fi device at once to your network). You can also use the WPS button on the speaker if your wireless router supports WPS (this setup only allows you to connect one Play-Fi device at a time to your network).
DTS Play-Fi App: Download the free DTS Play-Fi app onto your Apple iOS (7.0+) device, Android (2.2+) smartphone/tablet, or Windows (7/8) PC for easy and convenient management of your music from your mobile device or computer. From the app you can initially set up the Crescendo X speaker system, as well as add, link, and control all your DTS Play-Fi speakers. You'll be able stream music directly from the system's built-in music online services, or music on your mobile device or PC to multiple DTS Play-Fi enabled speakers through out your home. The app lets you browse your music by artist, album, genre, or title; and provides album art. You can choose to play the same music in each zone or a different song in each room.
Variety of Music Sources: The Crescendo X wireless speaker system with DTS Play-Fi supports a variety of music sources that can be streamed to the Crescendo X and other DTS Play-Fi speakers.
- Mobile Device (Apple iOS + Android): You are able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps on your Apple iOS (7.0+) or Android (2.2+) device to the wireless speaker system through the free DTS Play-Fi
- Online Music Services: From the DTS Play-Fi app on your mobile device or computer, you can share and listen to Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Amazon Music, Songza, Rhapsody, and Internet Radio. While the DTS Play-Fi app is free, not all the online music services are (subscription & purchase fees may apply).
- Computer Audio: The Crescendo X is DLNA compliant for playback of various music files stored on your Windows PC (7/8) or DLNA-certified NAS drives connected to your home network. MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA. Use the DTS Play-Fi app on your mobile device or computer to access these music files.
Supported Music Files: The Crescendo X wireless speaker system with DTS Play-Fi supports music formats such as MP3, AAC, FLAC, and WAV. The system will recognize music files up to 24-bit/192kHz and wirelessly stream these files at up to 16-bit/48kHz (CD quality sound). Some down-sampling may occur to ensure virtually lossless distribution throughout a home network.
Maximum Number of Rooms/Zones Supported: You can play the same source in each zone or a different song in each room. Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices. Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended.
Point-to-Point Wireless Streaming Sources: In addition to DTS Play-Fi, the Crescendo X wireless speaker system also supports AirPlay for Apple iOS devices and Bluetooth for most Bluetooth-enabled source devices. AirPlay and Bluetooth can only be streamed directly to the Crescendo X speaker and cannot be streamed to other DTS Play-Fi speakers in a multiroom application.
- AirPlay (for Apple iOS): AirPlay lets you stream music directly from your iPod touch/iPhone/iPad or from your iTunes library on your PC or Mac computer to the MartinLogan Crescendo X, over your home network connection. By downloading Apple free Remote App onto your iPod touch/iPhone/iPad you don't even need to be in the same room as the Crescendo or your computer to play, pause, skip, and stop the songs in your iTunes music library. To use the AirPlay feature you need a Mac or Windows-based PC running iTunes (10.2.2 or later) connected to your wireless home network. Your iPod touch/iPhone/iPad must have iOS 4.3.3 or later installed and connected to the same wireless home network.
- Built-In Bluetooth (SBC/AAC/aptX): The MartinLogan Crescendo X features built-in Bluetooth 4.0 with support A2DP wireless audio streaming and apt-X lossless audio codec. You will be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled source device to the Crescendo X wireless speaker system. In addition to supporting Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the Crescendo X supports AAC for better quality audio streaming from Apple iOS device and aptX for CD-quality streaming from Android OS 4.0+ devices. Playback functions, music navigation, and song/artist information will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device.
|Dimensions (WxHxD, metric)||25.7" × 8.1" × 6.9"|
|Dimensions (notes)||65.3cm × 20.53cm × 17.5cm|
|Power Handling (Nominal)||-|
|Frequency Response +/-3dB||50–23kHz ±3dB|
|Tweeter||Two Folded Motion|