SR5010 7.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD
A/V Receiver with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Packed with the latest audio and video technologies, the Marantz SR5010 sets new standards for audio and video performance. Featuring Dolby Atmos immersive surround decoding, delivering breathtaking surround sound with today's advanced movie soundtracks. With Dolby Atmos you'll experience the same revolutionary 3D surround sound found in premium movie theaters, with the ability to create an overhead surround soundfield that dramatically expands the sonic space. And, via a firmware update (available late 2015), the SR5010 will be able to decode DTS:X soundtracks, which also deliver an immersive 3-dimensional.
The SR5010, owns very high-grade audio components that have been carefully selected. The whole internal circuit further enhances audio quality by delicately handling all signals via the our latest HDAMs (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) in Current Feedback topology before passing them on to the power stage to fire up the connected speakers.
With 8 HDMI inputs supporting HDCP 2.2 and 4K Ultra HD Full Rate with HDR and BT.2020 support, the SR5010 features an advanced video processing system with 4K upscaling. A second HDMI output to connect a projector and a TV at the same time, a 7.2 channel pre-out section and the RS232 connection makes the SR5010 very appealing for custom installation purposes.
For decades, movie surround soundtracks have been channel-based. Dolby's revolutionary Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the sound designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now, you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the SR5010, which features the ability to connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 additional Dolby Atmos-certified up-firing speakers for the ultimate home theater experience. Along with Dolby Atmos decoding, the SR5010 also features Dolby TrueHD lossless decoding and other Dolby Digital technologies.
The latest immersive surround sound system, DTS:X features object-based audio coding that lets the sound designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. Along with DTS:X decoding, the SR5010 features DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and other DTS audio technologies.
DTS:X will be enabled through an online firmware update coming in late 2015. For more info, please visit www.marantz.com./dtsx
Built-in Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
Equipped with Wi-Fi & Bluetooth wireless streaming connectivity, the SR5010 features an advanced dual antenna RF transceiver system, for robust and error-free streaming even in congested urban environments. Connect to the internet through your home Wi-Fi network (or with a hard-wired connection via the RJ-45 Ethernet LAN port) and enjoy your favorite tracks from streaming music services such as Pandora and Spotify Connect. You can also choose from thousands of internet radio stations around the world, and enjoy music from virtually every genre.
The SR5010 also features AirPlay, you can enjoy listing to your favorite tracks wirelessly from your favorite iOS device, including the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad, and the SR5010 is also DLNA 1.5 certified for compatibility with your home PC or Mac, and features an RJ-45 Ethernet port for wired connection to your network.
Latest HDMI 2.0a Connectivity; HDCP 2.2 Compatible
Equipped with 8 HDMI inputs, including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, the SR5010 incorporates an advanced video section that features the latest HDMI 2.0a specifications, including support for 4K Ultra HD 60 Hz full rate video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling and 21:9 video pass-through, along with support for 3D content. For compatibility with 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content, the SR5010 also features HDCP 2.2 support.
The SR5010 also features Audio Return Channel (ARC), which lets you stream audio from your TV via a single HDMI connection (no need for a separate digital audio cable).
Full Specification 4K Ultra HD Compatibility
In addition to handling 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution, the SR5010 also features HDR (High Dynamic Range) and Wide Color Gamut compatibility, key components of the BT.2020 4K Ultra HD video specification. The advanced video processor also upscales SD and HD content to 4K resolution for maximum viewing enjoyment.
7 Channel Discrete Amplifier with Eco Mode
The power amp section features discrete high current power output devices, identical on all 7 channels for precision soundstage uniformity. Rated at 100 watts per channel, the SR5010 features low impedance drive capability and is compatible with 4 ohm speakers. The Eco mode provides energy savings and features an on-screen Eco meter.
High Grade Audio Components; Marantz HDAM
The SR5010 owns very high grade audio components that have been carefully selected. The whole internal circuit further enhances audio quality by delicately handling all signals via the Marantz-own HDAMs in Current Feedback topology before they reach the speakers. Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on the company’s Reference Series components provides superior low noise wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra-fast slew rate for true wideband response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today’s high resolution audio formats.
Audyssey Silver Built In
Equipped with the latest Audyssey Silver suite of DSP technologies, the SR5010 features Audyssey MultEQ XT automatic room acoustic measurement and correction system, which provides higher precision digital filters for the satellite and subwoofers compared to the base MultEQ system, and also allows for measurement at up to 8 locations in the room.
Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialog and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theater-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose. Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels.
Easy To Setup, Easy To Use
With our exclusive Setup Assistant along with the Quick Start Guide, you can connect and configure your home theater system quickly and easily. The Setup Assistant features clear on-screen graphics and text that quickly and easily guide you through the setup process, optimizing critical system settings for the best possible sound quality.
New Remote App
Download the Marantz AVR Remote App and control the SR5010 with your smartphone, tablet or other smart device. Available in iOS and Android versions, the app lets you easily control and configure the SR5010.
Front Panel USB Port; 2nd HDMI out; Custom Installation options
The front panel USB port lets you connect your smartphone or tablet, and is compatible with USB drives and NAS devices. When the SR5010 is switched on, the USB port can simultaneously charge your device, and it features a 5V/1A output, the same output delivered by phone chargers. Another step-up in flexibility is a second HDMI output to connect a projector and a TV at the same time. A 7.2 channel pre-out section and the RS232 connection makes the SR5010 very appealing for custom installation purposes.
Color Coded Speaker Terminals
For easy installation, the SR5010 features a horizontal row of premium loudspeaker connection terminals, and the color coded connection system includes a set of color coded speaker cable labels that helps ensure correct speaker cable hookup the very first time.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding, including Dolby Atmos
- next-generation DTS:X surround sound available via a future firmware update
- video upconversion (up to 1080p and 4K) for analog and HDMI sources
- Audyssey "Silver" speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ® XT six-point auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
Digital Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free Internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora, SiriusXM Internet radio, and free Internet radio streams with vTuner (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- front-panel USB input for connecting an iPod®, iPhone, or thumb drive
- direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses the device's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 2.8 MHz .dsf files)
- DLNA certified for streaming music with compatible devices and computers
- M-DAX™ (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander) for better sound from MP3s and other digital music files
- dual-room/dual-source output
- power amp assign function lets you use the surround back speaker outputs for a second room while enjoying 5.2-channel sound in the main room
- line-level stereo audio output for 2nd room (additional receiver, amplifier, or powered speakers required)
- optical/coaxial digital and HDMI audio sources cannot be output to Zone 2
Audio Performance Features:
- Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) offers improved dynamic range and detail while reducing noise
- current feedback circuit for accurate, natural sound at all volume levels
- Pure Direct mode turns off unused circuitry for cleaner audio signals
- bi-amp capability with compatible front speakers by reassigning "surround back" channels
- HDMI 2.0 audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 2 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- composite video switching: 3 in, 1 out (includes front-panel input)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo audio inputs
- 7.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- no phono input — to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB memory devices and an iPod or iPhone
- outputs for 7 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
- Surround Back speakers can be reassigned for Zone 2, Front Height, Front B, or bi-amping compatible front speakers
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- RS-232C, remote (IR), and 12 volt-trigger connections for use with external controllers
- 1/4" headphone output
- detachable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Marantz remote app lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi® remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- Video Select lets you listen to music while watching video from a different source
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-5/16"W x 6-5/16"H x 13-5/8"D
- weight: 22.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
|Component Video Inputs||2|
|Component Video Outputs||1|
|HDMI Video Processing||No|
|HDMI Standby Passthrough||No|
|Watts Per Channel||100W|
|Powered 2nd Zone||No|
|HDMI 2nd Zone||No|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||-|
|Optical Digital Inputs||-|
|Multi-channel Pre-amp Input||No|
|Multi-channel Pre-amp Output||No|
|Multi-channel Pre-Amp Output||No|
|Zone 2 DAC||No|