Engineered to bring a new dimension of reality and convenience to a flush-mount design, the Klipsch R-5650-S II in-wall surround sound speaker features a unique patented horn array that allows system designers to create enveloping sound fields and localized effects without disrupting a home's decor.
- Two vertically stacked Tractrix® Horn-loaded tweeters maximize surround sound effects
- Horn-loaded technology increases acoustic output while significantly reducing distortion
- IR receiver knock out
- Elegant new, low-profile SlimTrim™ magnetic grille
Designed specifically for surround use in home theater applications, the R-5650-S II employs a refined 6.5-inch Cerametallic™ woofer for even tighter bass and dual 1-inch titanium compression drivers (tweeters). The addition of a Linear Travel Suspension to the tweeters increases high frequency detail and smoothness. Because of its patented horn array which is two vertically stacked Tractrix Horn-loaded tweeters pointing in opposite directions, the R-5650-S II outperforms conventional designs by maximizing diffusion clarity and efficiency while minimizing room interactions that blur sonic detail.
The R-5650-S II draws listeners into the middle of the action through the use of Klipsch's proprietary Wide Dispersion Surround Technology or WDST™. The careful alignment of the two controlled-directivity Tractrix Horn tweeters angled opposite of one another yields an incredibly wide dispersion pattern.
Available in a paintable white finish, the R-5650-S II can be paired with the Klipsch IK-650-W installation kit (sold separately). With a mud ring breakaway wire tie and color-coded brackets, it also includes perforated metal wings that easily fasten to the studs via screws staples or nails. It can also be paired with the ME-650-W fire rated speaker enclosure (sold separately) to meet local building codes and/or reduce sound transfer to adjoining rooms.
- Built From: 2012
- Crossover Frequency: 3400Hz
- Cutout Dimensions: 13" H (33.02cm) x 8" W (20.32cm)
- Dimensions: 14.3" H (36.32cm) x 9.3" W (23.62cm)
- Enclosure Material/Type: ABS/Infinite baffle, front flush with wall
- Finish: White paintable frame and grill
- Fire Rated Enclosure: ME-650-W (sold separately)
- Frequency Response: 60Hz-23KHz ± 3dB
- High Frequency Drivers: Dual 1" (2.54cm) Titanium dome compression drivers mated to a dual TractrixÂ® Horn array for surround sound
- Installation Kit: IK-650-W (sold separately)
- Low Frequency Driver: 6.5" (16.51cm) Cerametallicâ„¢ cone woofer
- Mounting Depth: 3.75" (9.5cm)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- Power Handling: 50W RMS / 200W Peak
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 100 W
- Sensitivity: 92dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- Weight: 7.2 lbs. (3.25kg)
- Wire Gauage Accommodated: 12 ga
|Dimensions (WxHxD, metric)||-|
|Unit of measurement||ea|
|Power Handling (Nominal)||-|
|Frequency Response +/-3dB||60Hz-23kHz +/- 3dB|