The AVR-X3400H 7.2 channel AV Surround Receiver offers the ultimate home theater experience with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, plus unparalleled music playback options, thanks to built-in HEOS technology.
Enjoy a superb surround sound experience with the latest audio formats including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. The AVR-X3400H’s 7 amplifier design means you can run two dedicated overhead speakers in a 5.1.2 configuration.
POWERFUL 7.2 CHANNEL AMP WITH ECO MODE.
Featuring high current discrete power output devices on all channels, the AVR-X3400H delivers high power and is rated at a maximum of 105 watts per channel (8ohms, 20 Hz ~ 20kHz, 0.08% THD). There’s also an Auto Eco mode that adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level as well as an on-screen Eco meter that lets you see the power consumption reduction in real time.
READY FOR THE FUTURE OF HOME CINEMA.
The AVR-X3400H’s advanced video section is fully compatible with the latest HDMI and HDCP 2.2 specifications and prepared for any 4K Ultra HD source. Other features include High Dynamic Range (HDR), Dolby Vision compatibility, Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel). You can also enjoy ultra-high-definition pictures from legacy analog and digital sources.
THE HEART OF YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK.
Every sound, all your music, controlled effortlessly. Full wireless connectivity is provided via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®, plus Apple Airplay is supported. The built-in HEOS technology allows the AVR-X3400H to become the app-controlled heart of a whole-house wireless multi-room sound network.
PERFECT SET-UP FROM THE START.
The AVR-X3400H easily guides you through the set-up process to ensure the most accurate configuration. Optimize all settings for the best possible sound and video quality with your system from the get-go. The most advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32 room measurement system provides for best sound in every room.
Surround yourself in cinema-grade sound from literally any direction.
SOUND IN THE RIGHT PLACE.
Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos transports you into the story with moving audio that flows all around you with breathtaking realism. Enjoy a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience - including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.
BE CLOSER TO THE ACTION.
DTS:X™ immersive audio places sound where it would occur naturally in space, creating a lifelike, multi-dimensional audio experience in the home. The improved immersion and heightened realism draw you into the world of your favorite movies. The included spatial remapping engine, DTS Neural:X™, gives your movie, game and music collections a new lease on life! DTS:X brings the theater home.
GEARED UP FOR 4K ULTRA HD.
Enjoy ultra-high-definition pictures, even from analog and digital SD sources.
FUTUREPROOF IN ANY WAY.
All eight HDMI inputs and three HDMI outputs feature HDCP 2.2 compatibility and the latest HDMI specifications, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support. It is even ready for Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) for 3D audio broadcast over TV. eARC is available via a future firmware update.
BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO LEGACY SOURCES.
The AVR-X3400H owns an advanced video processor to upscale existing lower resolution video from any analog or digital source to true 4K. With three HDMI outputs, you can even connect a TV and a projector in the main room, while playing back different content on a second zone screen.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 105 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- DTS:X for an immersive, 3-dimensional soundstage
- analog-to-HDMI video conversion
- upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 4K)
- built-in HEOS technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Audyssey speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ® XT32 auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance for as many as eight seating positions
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
- Audyssey MultEQ app for further audio customization (paid app; not included)
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free Internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora®, SiriusXM, and free internet radio streams with TuneIn (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify® Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Apple® AirPlay® for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- Denon's Compressed Audio Restorer improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- dual-room/dual-source output
- amp assign function lets you use surround back speaker outputs for front height, Zone 2, Front B, or bi-amping front speakers
- powered and line-level stereo outputs for 2nd room allow 5.2-channel sound in main room
- HDMI dual-zone switching for watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- supports 2nd zone output from digital sources
- HDMI audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- 3 composite video inputs
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical, 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- 7.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- no phono input — to connect a turntable you'll need to add aphono preamp
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- Ethernet port for network connection
- outputs for 7 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
- RS-232C port for use with external controllers
- IR in/out
- full-sized headphone jack
- removable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Denon AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-3/16"W x 6-9/16"H x 16-1/8"D (9-5/16"H with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- weight: 23.8 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
|Component Video Inputs||2|
|Component Video Outputs||1|
|HDMI Video Processing||No|
|HDMI Standby Passthrough||No|
|Watts Per Channel||105W|
|Powered 2nd Zone||Yes|
|HDMI 2nd Zone||No|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||2|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Multi-channel Pre-amp Input||No|
|Multi-channel Pre-amp Output||Yes|
|Multi-channel Pre-Amp Output||Yes|
|Zone 2 DAC||No|