Atlantic's most versatile ceiling speakers ever
TLC stands for "Trim Look Ceiling," and these speakers certainly are just that--very trim looking, with no wide plastic bezel, for a particularly attractive, self-effacing look. But they're far more than just a virtually-invisible pretty face.The TLC-8.3 and 6.3 TriMode ceiling mount speakers are the perfect high quality, multi-purpose solutions for any surround-sound or whole-house music installations where stealth is a key requirement. Their unique dual voice coil woofers and dual 1" soft-dome pivoting tweeters allow them to be configured for conventional (mono), single-point stereo, or dipole surround operation, providing the best coverage for every application.
- Can be used three different ways-as a dipole surround speaker, as a 'regular' high-power dual-tweeter speaker, and as a single-point stereo speaker
- Perfect for when wall-mounting is not a viable option
- 6 1/2" or 8" woofer, with dual 1" soft dome pivoting tweeters
- Optional back box, optional New Construction Bracket
The TLC-8.3/6.3 TriMode ceiling mount speakers are a high quality multi-purpose solution for your surround and distributed audio needs. The unique dual voice coil 6.5" woofer and dual 1" soft dome pivoting tweeter design allows the speaker to be configured for mono, single-point stereo, or dipole surround (TriVector) operation providing the best coverage for every application. The TLC-8.3/6.3 are the perfect answer for background music in the dining room, multi-room sound throughout the house, or ceiling mounted speakers in a home theater. With a discrete profile combined with great sound and easy installation, there are no excuses for not having great music and special effects wherever you want them!
The TLC-8.3/6.3 features Carbon loaded mica/poly cones, rubber surrounds, high temperature voice coils, advanced computer optimized crossovers, gold plated heavy duty connectors, and simple rotating clamp mounting.
Simply put, these innovative ceiling speakers make it possible to have spectacular sound in most any room in your home while allowing superior surround field creation when there's no way to place surround speakers on the walls.
What is Tri-Mode?
The TLC-6.3/8.3 TriMode™ceiling mount speakers offer amazing versatility. With todays JIT (just in time) stocking strategy, we realize that it's not always useful to have a pile of speakers collecting dust in your warehouse as you "wait for the perfect job" to install them. This is one reason we created the TLC-.3 and 8.3 in-ceiling mount Tri-Mode speakers.
Tri-Mode Operating Modes
- Conventiomal (Mono) - For broader coverage in stereo applications, the dual voice coil woofer and dual tweeters will cover a much wider area than conventional in-ceiling speakers.
- Single-point Stereo - The speakers can be wired to deliver full stereo sound from a single loudspeaker, giving you great sound quality with only one unobtrusive round ceiling grille showing. This application is perfect for distributed audio in tight spaces like powder rooms and hallways.
- Dipole Surround (Tri-Vector diffuse) - Wired in this manner the speaker delivers a diffuse upper midrange and high frequency sound that helps to create involving surround sound that draws you into the action. Perfectly suited for todays open floor plan homes where a traditional side surround speaker cannot be accommodated.
|Dimensions||9 ¼ " Diameter||10 7/8"|
|Mounting Hole Cut out||Diameter 8", 202mm; Depth: 3 7/8 in., 98mm||Diameter 9 5/8", 244mm; Depth: 4 1/2", 115mm|
|Required Ceiling Thickness||0.5 - 1"||0.5 - 1"|
|New Construction Kit||IC-NC-TLC-6||IC-NC-TLC-8|
|In-Ceiling Back Box||IC-BOX-6/8||IC-BOX-6/8|
|Frequency Response||48 - 20kHz, +/-3dB||45 - 20kHz, +/-3dB|
|Sensitivity||(1 watt/1 meter) 88dB||(1 watt/1 meter) 89dB|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||10-125 watts RMS||10-150 watts RMS|
|Impedance||2 x 8 Ohms, Stereo; 1 x 4 Ohms, Mono||2 x 8 Ohms, Stereo; 1 x 4 Ohms, Mono|
|Woofer type||6.5" Dual VC, GLH cone||8" Dual VC, GLH cone|
|Tweeters||2 x 1" Silk Domes||2 x 1 inch Silk Domes|
|Weight||3.6 lbs.||5.25 lbs.|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||10 7/8" diameter|
|Dimensions (WxHxD, metric)||-|
|Dimensions (notes)||Mounting hole cut out diameter 9 5/8", 244mm; depth: 4 1/2", 115mm|
|Unit of measurement||ea|
|Power Handling (Nominal)||10-150 watts RMS|
|Frequency Response +/-3dB||45 - 20kHz, +/-3dB|
|Sensitivity (1W/m)||(1 watt/1 meter) 89dB|
|Impedance||2 x 8 Ohms, Stereo; 1 x 4 Ohms, Mono|
|Tweeter||(2) 1" Silk Dome|
|Woofer||8" Dual Voice Coil, GLH cone|