The IC-8.2 and 6.2 two-way ceiling mount speakers are the perfect high quality, multi-purpose solution for whole-house music installations and surround sound where stealth is a key requirement. Their long-throw woofers with massive magnet assemblies and 1” soft-dome tweeters provide outstanding sound coverage for every application. With a discrete profile sma;; bezel combined with terrific sound, there are no excuses for not having great music and special effects wherever you want or need them.
The IC-8.2 and 6.2 woofers feature carbon loaded mica/poly cones, rubber surrounds, and high-temperature voice coils. The 1” soft dome tweeter is mounted in a clever pivoting assembly that lets you direct the high frequencies in any direction desired for the best sonic effect. In addition, both models utilize advanced computer-optimized crossovers, gold-plated heavy-duty connectors, magnetic grille attachment, and simple rotating clamp mounting for exceptional acoustic performance and easy installation.
Simply put, these innovative ceiling speakers make it possible to have spectacular sound in almost any room in your home, and they are ideal for delivering superior surround sound effects if your room layout or aesthetic considerations preclude mounting conventional surround speakers on the walls.
- Home Theater - The IC-6.2 and 8.2 make ideal ceiling mounted front-channel speakers in a high-performance home theater system where near total invisibility is a primary requirement. Their pivoting tweeters mean you can “aim” the high frequencies toward the listening area, for superb sound without any visual compromise.
- Home Theater Surround - When used as surround speakers, the tweeter is best pivoted away from the listening area, towards the rear or side walls. When installed in this manner, the speakers deliver a more diffuse upper midrange and high frequency sound that helps to create a convincing, three-dimensional surround sound that draws you into the action.
- Stereo Distributed Audio - The speakers are perfect for delivering full 2-channel stereo sound in any room, giving you great sound quality without any visible speakers. This is ideal for small spaces like a den or guest room where installing two separate boxed speakers is impractical.
- Pivoting tweeter assembly can be directed at listeners for front-channel music/theater use, or directed towards wall for reflective surround use
- Perfect for when wall-mounting is not a viable option
- 6 1/2" or 8" woofer, with 1" soft dome tweeter
- Optional back-box and optional new construction bracket
Applications for the IC-6.2 and 8.2 speakers include
- distributed audio
- home theater
- commercial background music installations
- any project where high quality ceiling-mounted speakers are the desired solution
Engineered to match the timbre of our current IC-6.3/8.3 speakers, our theater sat/sub box speakers, and our H-PAS AT-1 and AT-2, the IC-6.2 and 8.2 represent the next logical extension of "Atlantic Everywhere". These new speakers offer extremely high performance sound at modest price points, while maintaining all Atlantic is known for by not compromising sound quality just to hit a price point. In short, you are going to love these speakers, as they do not depart from the core product development philosophy we've held for the last nearly 25 years.
|Dimensions||9 1/4 " Diameter (235mm)||10 7/8" Diameter (276mm)|
|Mounting Hole Cut out||8" (202mm), Depth: 4 1/8" (105mm)||9 5 /8" (244mm), Depth: 4 3/4" (121mm)|
|Required Ceiling Thickness||1/2" - 1"||1/2" - 1"|
|New Construction Kit (optional)||IC-NC-6||IC-NC-8|
|In-Ceiling Back Box (optional)||IC-BOX-6/8||IC-BOX-6/8|
|Frequency Response||48 - 20kHz, +/-3dB||45 - 20kHz, +/-3dB|
|Sensitivity||(1 watt/1 meter) 88dB||(1 watt/1 meter) 89dB|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||10-125 watts RMS||10-150 Watts RMS|
|Impedance||6 Ohms||6 Ohms|
|Woofer type||6 1/2 " Mica/Graphite loaded Polymer cone||8" Mica/Graphite loaded Polymer cone|
|Tweeters||1" Silk Dome Tweeter||1" Silk Dome Tweeter|
|Weight||3.8 lbs.||5 lbs.|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||9 1/4" diameter|
|Dimensions (WxHxD, metric)||-|
|Dimensions (notes)||Mounting hole cut out diameter 8" (202mm), depth: 4 1/8" (105mm)|
|Unit of measurement||ea|
|Power Handling (Nominal)||10-125 watts RMS|
|Frequency Response +/-3dB||48 - 20kHz, +/-3dB|
|Sensitivity (1W/m)||(1 watt/1 meter) 88dB|
|Tweeter||1" Silk Dome|
|Woofer||6.5" Mica/Graphite loaded Polymer cone|